Thursday, June 3, 2010

Sex & The City 2 Review

There has been much debate over the Sex & The City sequel. I was finally able to see SATC2 and I have to say "I LOVED IT!". I'm not sure why it received such harsh reviews. I know a lot of people complained about the over the top wardrobe but hello it's SATC in Abu Dhabi...if it wasn't over the top, I would have been disappointed! Of course I loved the comeback of the J'adore Dior tee (in photo above). During the movie I whispered to my friend, "I want to dress like that everyday!". I love the fact that the SATC ladies dress so well (thanks Patricia Fields!). I think all women should put forth the effort to add that extra sparkle to their lives. Don't get me wrong, it doesn't have to cost a fortune. Fashion is all about looking amazing using your budget. So I give SATC2 two thumbs up for reminding me to make sure I always put my best shoe forward whenever I walk out the door!

4 comments:

  1. I LOVED IT TOO!!! I don't know why the reveiws were so bad...just haters I suppose. I too loved the fashion and try to represent every time I go out! The movie was VERY entertaining which is why I go to the movies :-) Great post Evina...love ya! PS-I want that skirt in the photo..LOL

    Your fellow "fashionista"...Lady

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sequel was fabulous! When I heard there were negative reviews I wondered if I had just watched the same movie. I would go see it again AT the movies in a heartbeat. I love those girls! I agree I wouldn't have expected anything less with their fashion sense ESPECIALLY in Abu Dhabi!!!

    -Syl

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely loved SATC!!! I have to say I am a bit disappointed with Patricia Fields as she got to that vintage jadore dior tee before me. For the past 5 years, I've been looking for a vintage dior tee & she got to it before me...not fair that she's just got more contacts than I do ;)
    -Ketu

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post Vina! I also enjoyed SATC2 and never pay attention to the movie critics. It's funny that you mention wanting to dress like that every day. I kept saying that SAME thing during the movie ;-) I would love to dress in those outfits every day and have made a conscious effort to rock whatever I FEEL like wearing, despite the dress code for the occasion. As you say, we must put our best shoes forward and dress in what makes us feel lovely.

    Love, Eb

    ReplyDelete