Wednesday, January 13, 2010

A Leader in Style...

While waiting for a friend to get her street meat cart lunch in the frigid cold of NYC, I turned and said, "is that President Obama in a Weatherproof ad?" As we all turned to look it became clear that President Obama was in a Weatherproof ad right in the middle of Times Square. I thought it was pretty cool but is it right? When we headed back up to our office, the thought lingered with me. I couldn't remember seeing a president in an apparel ad before. I started to think, how did they do it? Did he get paid? A day after seeing the ad, I found out from my friend that Weatherproof found the picture of President Obama in one of their jackets and decided to just go with it. Gutsy move but what better way to do it then smack in the middle of Times Square. Apparently having the President of the United States in an ad campaign is illegal, so Weatherproof is suppose to take the ads down immediately. I'm glad I was able to capture this cool moment in history :) Try to catch it if you can!

No comments:

Post a Comment