As this year comes to a close, I'd like to reflect on some of my favorite fashion moments and people of 2009. I know you're probably sick of the endless "best of" lists for 2009 but one more won't hurt :) I wish everyone a Happy New Year! Make 2010 your best year yet!
5. Men's fashion - I don't know if we owe it to Mad Men or men in the USA embracing the Euro slim look but this year brought the return of the gentlemen. A lot of guys brought their "A" game in the fashion department and I for one absolutely LOVE it. Keep it going into the new decade fellas!
4. Lady Gaga - is there really anything else to say?? Lady Gaga reminded me this year that one of the most important elements of fashion is to just have fun with it! She also inspired a plethora of Halloween costumes :)
3. The Super Skinny Jean - I have been wearing skinny jeans since high school (I will never forget my first pair of Parasuco jeans!). I'm glad everyone else is finally following suite. I'm trying to build up my inventory in them before the trends over...but I'll still be wearing them!
2. Rihanna - It was nice to see a woman of color powering many of the trends in 2009. I don't think there has been more women (of all colors) obsessed with her hair cut since "The Rachel"! She's also not afraid to switch it up and that's what I like most!
1. Michelle Obama - Other than the monumental moment of our first African American president being sworn in this year, our first lady has brought fashion back into the White House. With her beautiful designer attire from Jason Wu and Isabel Toledo and economically friendly wears from J.Crew, Mrs. Obama has brought the style and elegance of Jackie O back to Washington. I'm so excited that we have 3 more years of it - maybe even more!